JESUS – Matthew 6
The Sermon on the Mount (continued): Charity, Prayer, Fasting, Riches
- When an individual does an act of charity or prays or fasts, he should do so (a) sounding a trumpet, (b) before men to be noticed by them, (c) in secret, or (d) putting on a gloomy face. Matthew 6:1-6, 16-18
- (yes or no) Did Jesus teach the disciples how to pray in his Sermon on the Mountain? Matthew 6:9-13
- (yes or no) Will the heavenly Father forgive those who do not forgive other people? Matthew 6:14-15
- Where should an individual store up treasures?
Why? Matthew 6:19-21
- (yes or no) Can an individual serve God and riches at the same time?
- A person should seek first (a) food, (b) drink, (c) clothing, or (d) Jesus’ Kingdom. Matthew 6:24-33
- In teaching the disciples not to be anxious, Jesus did not use the example of (a) birds, (b) pharisees, (c) human life span, (d) lilies, or (e) grass.